How to Disable Pro Plus 2 End Pressure Alarm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Pro Plus 2 manual states:

“End Pressure Alarm:

Factory set for 00 PSI/BAR (disabled), the End Pressure Alarm can be set to values between 300 and 1500 PSI …”

Once I’ve set it to a value, how do I get it back to the factory default of 00 PSI/BAR (disabled)? All I can do now is cycle it from 300 to 1500 in 100 PSI increments. I can’t get it back to 00.

I scanned both the user and safety manuals and it appears the only way to reset it to the factory settings is to get it serviced. I'm probably wrong, but it didn't appear there was a way to set end pressure back to 00.

The alarm function on the PP2 can be annoying. My wife and I both use the PP2 and love it. Lots of great information. We found it annoying though that the alarms were always going off for one reason or another. Now, you might say there was a reason the alarms were going off and you'd be correct, but we were well within our dive profiles and found the alarms distracting, especially figuring out what function was setting off the alarm. It wasn't always apparent and seemed to be sensitive to a deep breath. We tried setting the minimum settings and that still didn't work. Toward the end of a dive, well within our profile, that alarm seemed to be going off constantly. We figured out what was going on, but it was annoying. We didn't need the alarm to tell us what we already knew.

I'm a detailed profile briefer and habitual gauge (computer) watcher from my old instrument flying days. Doug Krause is probably going to yell at me, but we finally just turned the alarm off. We scan the computer constantly and dive our profile. We still set all our critical function points (turn pressure, ATR, DTR, nitrogen loading, etc), but just don't use the alarm.

There is a reset sequence on the inside of the back cover of the manual. You'll lose any log data if you do it, and I'm not certain if it'll remedy the issue you're talking about. I know what you mean about that alarm going off endlessly. We eventually turned off the audible alarms. That is a fault of the PP2 and other Oceanic computers, IMHO ... you cannot selectively turn the various audible alarms on/off ... it's all or nothing. If there's another solution, I'd love to hear it ... Doug?

I'm going to have to check on this one - the default "end pressure alarm" for every air integrated computer that we've ever produced (to the best of my recollection) has been 300 psi - why the manual states what it does and what the real story is, I'm going to have to investigate. I am leaving in the morning for Denver, back in the office next Wednesday. In the meantime, the guys in Tech Support may be able to get some answers for you.

Thanks for all the insights so far – I look forward to hearing the results of your research into what the manual says.

I’m having the same issue with this otherwise wonderful computer. It always seems to be sounding one alarm or another, and I can never tell for what. I’m also one of those constant gauge checkers, so I’m just going to shut them off too. The other thing I’m having just a little bit of trouble getting used to is the air time remaining/dive time remaining concept. I’m not sure I like the computer deciding which of three values it will report to me – NDL, O2, or air time. I like to see the NDL and I’ll worry about the rest. I was half hoping that by setting all the air related alarms to 0 that I could somehow trick it into always reporting NDL.

If you guys want to make this a perfect computer - then give us a setting that lets the user pick what gets displayed.

Oh well – I’ll give it another couple of hundred dives and decide if I really want to keep it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom