• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

How to find an excellent SCUBA class

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by Walter, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Right Eye Black

Right Eye Black Garibaldi

Great post! I came here, literally, looking for an answer to this question. Thanks for posting it, um, 8 years ago :eek:) I loved all the information that everyone had to give. Look forward to someday getting into the water!

Thanks again!

2. Scuba Legends

Scuba Legends Angel Fish

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I like the topic a lot. This post is well written and well thought.

It is very hard to find "those questions" that help to figure out if the person in front of you is a good professional that will take care of your safety and proper teach you.

But this post points out something very important. No matter what, people should ask more questions more often.

I believe that one particular question is not going to give you an exact image of the instructor. But you will get it when you put them all toguetter.

Cool read

Happy Bubbles
    Gery
    @ scuba-legends.com

Octopusprime likes this.
  3. Colliam7

Colliam7 Tech Instructor Staff Member

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Yes!

Scuba Legends likes this.
  4. Octopusprime

Octopusprime Dive Resort

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Specially when looking for an advanced course or speciality... I like to ask when was the last time you... insert specialty activity.

For example when looking for underwater digital photography speciality ask them when was the last time or place you took pictures ? When looking for a photography instructor I want an instructor that always dives with a camera vs one that can just reach the class. When looking for a tec instructors, how many tec dives did you do in the last year and where.

When I took my rescue diver I found a instructor that works as a rescue diver and recovery diver. The experience was amazing.

5. Colliam7

Colliam7 Tech Instructor Staff Member

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Good approach! Kudos to you.

Octopusprime likes this.
  6. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I agree with the panic cycle training as critical. My experience is that the panic situation can mean life or death decisions.

7. Brazos

Brazos Garibaldi

Lots of info here . Looking around to learn I am in the Fort Worth Texas area . Thanks for all the input on the site .