how to fix green issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reebok

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I had the green auto-wb issue during my first trip with the gopro. it was shot in 1080/30 with a hero3 white (I actually have a silver now and plan on using PT/cam raw in the future). but for now, is there a way to fix this color? if I move the WB sliders in cineform it makes it slightly better. I currently have premiere elements 11 and sony movie studio platinum trials installed. thanks.

GOPR0017 - YouTube

(the video is currently being uploaded but I have to leave so I am pre-posting it).

edit: the video is now available.

Last edited:
I was in the gulf off of florida (tarpon springs). I assume it's that auto-wb issue people have talked about, esp with the polarpro vs srp video which looks exactly like my video.

[video=youtube;nT4BD7h5ePM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT4BD7h5ePM[/video]

A filter that goes inside the housing. It says it is only 2/3 of an f-stop which means is not that strong
Can you shoot in daylight and post the picture so I can see what hue you get? Or even better post two pictures with and without the filter in daylight with the exif information

that's ok, this thread was only to see if I could change the colors with video editing software. I think I will have better luck next time using a hero3 silver in protune/camraw mode so I don't have the auto-wb to contend with. thanks.

You can try to use the 3 way color corrector in Premiere Elements. Open your clip in Premier Elements. Go to Expert Mode. Select Effects on the bottom tool bar. Select Advanced Effects. You should get a panel with an effect called color correction. Select that. You then will get a panel with a 3 way color corrector option. Click on the option and drag it onto your clip in the bottom frame (timeline). Scroll in your clip to to a frame where you see both sand and another diver in a black wet suit. Once you do that, select the clip in the timeline and select applied effects in the memu bar on the right side. Three way color corrector should be listed. Select that. The 3 way corrector allows you to tell elements what should be white, what should be black, and what should be grey. You can expand each area to make the adjustment. For black, expand the shadows (black) area of the color corrector and you will see an eye dropper. Click the eyedropper and then click the eyedropper tool on the diver's, black wet suit. You can do the same thing using the highlights (white) tool and the sandy bottom. More help is available if you search premier elements color correction on line.

Thank you very much dwlmgold. I will try this in the morning.

---------- Post added January 15th, 2013 at 08:25 PM ----------

following your advice set me on the right path, but not quite what I was looking for. I eventually found a couple other programs (powerdirector for instance) that was more user-friendly for me, and allowed me to set the white balance as best as I could. the result is kind of weird, but it's something at least. here is an example of a video that was the same bright green as the first after white balancing: [video=youtube_share;vxRJGGpIs9w]http://youtu.be/vxRJGGpIs9w[/video]

If your last file posted looked like the first, I would say whatever you found to color correct worked well. Any chance you can go into any detail about how you accomplished the transformation?

Back
Top Bottom