How to have fun lobstering!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Errol Kalayci

Contributor
Reaction score
We did a fun lobster dive with some dpvs today. During our 97' dive, we saw many turtles, caught lobster, saw some sharks, large hogfish and a bunch of other marine life. We dropped in 97fsw to start dive on that reef and would move shallower to the next reef according to our planned time per depth and continued playing reef line leapfrog almost all the way back to the inlet after covering close to 3 miles while doing natural decompression along the way as we progressed towards shore. The most interesting thing for me was spotting fishing gear in the sand as we leaped a reef line, then yep, you guessed it, more part of fishing tackle and then the boat and its parts that had been down for some time. It was covered in a fish cloud which was pretty cool. Attached is a photo I took after rinsing my gear. We were happy to sneak this into today before the winds picked up this afternoon to 25+knotts, and we chartered the whole boat so we could do this dive and just have it follow our torpedo float with flag trailing. Most fun you can have!
Errol

Attachments

• gear 2.jpg
    gear 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 98
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom