how to insert photos in SB posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I searched, couldn't find it. I'm sure it's been asked a hundred times. How do you insert a "full" sized photo in the body of a post versus attaching a file or having a thumbnail size photo linked to the Member Gallery?

If you are posting your pictures in a photo service, like flickr, photobucket, snapfish, etc. you need to copy the IMG line, including the brackets and paste it into your Scubaboard post. 640x480 works best. Bigger pictures screw up the sizing of the thread and you have to scroll around to see them.

Larry C:
If you are posting your pictures in a photo service, like flickr, photobucket, snapfish, etc. you need to copy the IMG line, including the brackets and paste it into your Scubaboard post. 640x480 works best. Bigger pictures screw up the sizing of the thread and you have to scroll around to see them.

Thank you, Larry!

I've posted photos to SB before, but recently none of my photos will load. Has anybody else run into "upload failed"?

When I try to use a URL to upload, it always says failed also.

When the gallery was down, all my uploads failed except photobucket. I only had one fail using photobucket, and that one was too big a file. The sizing info when I uploaded didn't match what I showed on photoshop. Usually if it's file size, there will be a tiny notation somewhere on the page where it says upload failed.

All of my uploads are failing from my hard drive on my computer and from a Yahoo! URL that has my pictures. Even when the file size is under 200 kb, my files never upload anymore to ScubaBoard. Very frustrating!

make sure the last 3 digits are .jpg you have to hit copy picture location, not copy link location. easiest thing to do is use the little yellow mountain/sun box in the quick reply area. click on that and copy your image location there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom