How to install a QD on a Suunto Cobra 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
So Suunto sent me a replacement Cobra 3 but forgot to include the Quick Disconnect. So they finally sent it in the mail today and told me it was easy to install.

I removed the outer case and I see you screw on the disconnect piece, but it doesn't fully screw on (see gap in photo). I can't believe this is normal since I can easily start untwisting it to remove the connector. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 20190911_184846.jpg
    20190911_184846.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 145
Is there an HP swivel inside that connection? If so, remove it, it may be an extra. The swivel is only used between the hose and the female QD, not between the computer and the male QD.

Is there an HP swivel inside that connection? If so, remove it, it may be an extra. The swivel is only used between the hose and the female QD, not between the computer and the male QD.
And if that's not it, I wonder if you still have an extra fitting attached to the computer, that connects directly to the HP hose. Can't quite tell from the photo.

I serviced one just two days ago. Take the spool from the computer and place it on the end of the QD hose. The fitting in the picture fits flush against the computer. Be careful of torque and use two wrenches - it's the oring that makes the seal, not a tight coupling.
If your new QD came already assembled to the hose, then you now have an extra spool, and don't need to take the QD off the hose to add a spool. Just save the one you removed from the computer.

I serviced one just two days ago. Take the spool from the computer and place it on the end of the QD hose. The fitting in the picture fits flush against the computer. Be careful of torque and use two wrenches - it's the oring that makes the seal, not a tight coupling.
If your new QD came already assembled to the hose, then you now have an extra spool, and don't need to take the QD off the hose to add a spool. Just save the one you removed from the computer.
I think OP sent in the Cobra for service or warranty, sans hose with the other half of the QD. Then it was returned with standard configuration rather than QD. So I think he already has the hose half done.

I think OP sent in the Cobra for service or warranty, sans hose with the other half of the QD. Then it was returned with standard configuration rather than QD. So I think he already has the hose half done.

Thanks for all the replies, yes this is correct the larger end is already attached to the hose. I'm just adding the adapter to the Cobra. Here is the 2 pieces I have. Not sure what Rsingler means by the extra spool, but it doesn't look like there is an extra piece.

Attachments

• 20190911_195023_resized.jpg
    20190911_195023_resized.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 20190911_195013.jpg
    20190911_195013.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for all the replies, yes this is correct the larger end is already attached to the hose. I'm just adding the adapter to the Cobra. Here is the 2 pieces I have. Not sure what Rsingler means by the extra spool, but it doesn't look like there is an extra piece.
The spool is that little piece protruding from the threads on the computer. Pull it out.

Back
Top Bottom