How to put in copyright info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saf_25

Contributor
Reaction score
I am just starting to learn how to use Photoshop Elements, so please be patient with me. There's a lot I'm trying to learn how to do with it, but for now, I was wondering how you go about adding the copyright text to your pictures? I know that the ones that most of you post to the board have the copyright text imposed into the pic, and I'd like to be able to figure out how to do this to mine (esepcially since I give a lot of my pics to my dive club to put on our website, I'd like to have my name on them - I know it's not foolproof, but that hopefully will help discourage peopl from helping themselves.) If you could help with that, or any other info on learning how to use PSE, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

Hi!
Let's see if I can help. In the Tool bar you will see the upper case "T", click that.
Now determine what font you want. Click into your picture, where you want your copyright written. Type your text. To get the © you have to press and hold the alt button and enter 0169 on the numbers on the side, not on the ones on the top, let got of the alt button and the © should appear.
If you want to change font or size highlight what you have written and change the settings.
Up in the shotcuts you will see "Layer Styles" you can make your text look beveled (like I do), drop shadows etc. If you want to change the color click the little colored square and a "Color Picker" will appear. Using the eyedropper you can match a color in your picture or just do it manually.

Hope it helps,
Aloha,
Lisa

Oh yeah, I forgot. When you are done go to the top tool bar, Layer> Flatten Image and flatten the image. I didn't do that the first time and when I put the pics on CD to have them printed they couldn't do it at the shop - invalid file

saf_25:
I am just starting to learn how to use Photoshop Elements, so please be patient with me. There's a lot I'm trying to learn how to do with it, but for now, I was wondering how you go about adding the copyright text to your pictures? I know that the ones that most of you post to the board have the copyright text imposed into the pic, and I'd like to be able to figure out how to do this to mine (esepcially since I give a lot of my pics to my dive club to put on our website, I'd like to have my name on them - I know it's not foolproof, but that hopefully will help discourage peopl from helping themselves.) If you could help with that, or any other info on learning how to use PSE, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
Check this out:

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm

Thanks, Randy! Looks like a very useful site.

Back
Top Bottom