How to replace Apeks XTX purge button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NX32

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

any idea how to replace an Apeks XTX purge button? I just can't find a way to disassemble it and the maintenance guide doesn't say anything about it (it just shows it already disassembled).

Thanks!

Hi,

any idea how to replace an Apeks XTX purge button? I just can't find a way to disassemble it and the maintenance guide doesn't say anything about it (it just shows it already disassembled).

Thanks!
Very simple. Just carefully push a flathead screwdriver or rounded knife between the purge button and faceplate and gently prise it out. The button itself has two outward facing lugs that keep it in place. Just be careful you don't lose the spring.

Very simple. Just carefully push a flathead screwdriver or rounded knife between the purge button and faceplate and gently prise it out. The button itself has two outward facing lugs that keep it in place. Just be careful you don't lose the spring.
Sorry, forgot to mention, to the left or right or the Apeks logo, not above or below. If that makes sense.

Thanks, I finally managed to disassemble it!

I didn't even have to use a screwdriver or a knife, I just pressed one side of the button while forcing it a little bit to the side and lifting the other side with my nail

Thanks, I finally managed to disassemble it!

I didn't even have to use a screwdriver or a knife, I just pressed one side of the button while forcing it a little bit to the side and lifting the other side with my nail

Actually, turns out it's way easier to push the edge from inside after forcing it to the side (if that makes sense). Hope it helps someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom