How to setup a Double Tank rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't budget for less than 1K.

Yeah, there are some pitfalls and gotchas. But if you're not in a rush, you can keep an ear to the ground and get some great deals on top-end stuff. You do need to have an idea of what to look for though. I was able to get highland bands, a halcyon manifold, an ALBP, Mk25 first stage and Halcyon/Agir doubles wings for the low range I listed, but those aren't typical used prices, which is why I included an upper range.

You CAN do it for well less than 1k, the deals are out there if you're patient. If you need it now though, you pay the instant gratification tax.

Yep, got some deals on my stuff too but I wouldn't bank on it.

I've now bought four sets of doubles (72s through HP100s) for $500 or less apiece. It's honestly easier than buying another tank and putting together your own, I think!

i get about 70 min at 40 feet with an AL 80 and i still have 650-700

wow. That's about .4CFM/atm. Better than me.

Know that adding all the mass and associated drag of doubles will undoubtedly bring your consumption up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom