How to sola2000 to gopro3 install video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can someone post a video on how to hook up the dual sola 2000 and tray arms to the gopro 3
Didnt come with instruction and I want to make sure its put together properly
Dont want anything coming apart while im diving with it.

Cheers
Ted

Umm what tray and arms? You need to know how to connect the lights to the arms? Or the tray to the gopro?

You need the Sola Locline kit to attach the lights to the arms but you should have those. To put the gopro on the tray you need the gopro tripod adaptor (sold separately) around $10.

I also ran some cord through the locline arms, fixed to the tray and also the light head. If the locline arm comes apart underwater (which can easily happen) you don't want to watch your $1000 light disappear.

I have everything from light and motion, the mounting screw is from gopro. Just need to know how to put it together. two arms, trays, one trypod lockline kit

???

interesting question? Lick the loc-line links to connect them easier?

post picture as the mate from down unda drinking his Fosters suggests..............next shout out for a round of Tins 'o beer on me.

I think the problem is ive got two singles and not a double, theres no proper way to connect the two trays together, they each have their own arm.
I will get a pic and try post it.
I may have to dive with one light. till I can find a fix.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

ok heres whatbthey sent me to connect two sola 2000 lights to one gopro 3 cam
i figured out how to connect the lights just not the trays to the cam
i think its the wrong set up for sure and i leave the 25th of feb and they come from the states so returning them is gonna cost more than their worth
hope one of u has a fix other than boards and nails lol
thanks all for the help

Yep thats a bit of a fustercluck alright, you got 2 single trays. Who sold them to you, what did you actually order?

There is an extension for that tray to turn it into a double Buy and Review Light & Motion SOLA Tray Extension Kit which is what you should have received.

If you can't get one of those in time, you need a single tray that you can screw the arms into each end and the camera in the middle. A piece of aluminium flat bar would do, some have even made their own out of chopping boards. Those people have no class though, they probably drink fosters and eat pies and are called Dave :p lol

Jk, Rockheap is a good guy, he might chime in with pics of his DIY nylon chopping board tray. Otherwise good luck getting the part you need in time for your trip.

Aussie FBK is just jealous and has Loc-Line Length Envy Syndrome............grins......I think he only has less that 5-6" of arm length each side. Ted you're on the right path. A Piece of 1/4" or 3/8" thick nylon and couple of stainless steel screws and you're covered in time for your holiday. Here's how I joined two single trays. EZ Squeezy.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/439885-my-diy-hero-tray-travel-bag-light-arms.html

---------- Post added February 18th, 2013 at 04:02 PM ----------

Ted, re-looking at your trays/arms, you might want to sell those off after your vacation (or part them out)............get a dual grip SRP tray, which has solid vertical upright handles. I don't like your loc-line arms that go all the way down to the tray, those are going to be hard to hold during a dive, as well as handing the tray up to a boat crew member..they'll always be flexing in your grip. You really want a ~5" solid grip both sides from the tray, up to the first loc-line member, not loc-line all the way down to the tray.

Either FBK or Marty, both great mates from down unda, had a good idea to drill a small hole in the side of the top and bottom Loc-line piece, to thread a small stainless wire cable through, so if a loc-line member seperates, say during a giant stride entry, your expensive SOLA light doesn't go floating off into the depths........while I haven't rigged that up myself, I like the safety net of a cable and the redundancy of a secured light.

IMHO, YMMV.

Last edited:
I actually found a dual tray at reef photo and video where I bought the orriginal stuff.
Ordered it and hoping it arives ontime, they said they will take the other trays and arms back.
Wish me luck, gonna wait till they get here before I ship them back, in case it doesnt make it on time. Need a light for the video cam. Even if its only one sola2000 should be ok for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom