How to Spell Wreck Diving: H-A-T-T-E-R-A-S !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
This is what you get for $135 a day diving Hatteras Island:

[vimeo]5178171[/vimeo]

Yep, it's worth it...

Andy

This is what you get for $135 a day diving Hatteras Island:

[vimeo]5178171[/vimeo]

Yep, it's worth it...

Andy

Great Video!

I didn't search about this question, but I wish I may ask a question about your camera setup. Could you tell me about your Video Camera, Lens, Housing and Lighting information?

Daehag.

Great Video!

I didn't search about this question, but I wish I may ask a question about your camera setup. Could you tell me about your Video Camera, Lens, Housing and Lighting information?

Daehag.

Thanks, Daehag!

The camera is a Sony PD-170, the last of the great Sony SD commercial ENG cameras with a 1 Lux rating. I'm using a Gates VX 2000 housing with a Fathom Imaging SWP 35 lens/port. It's shot in natural light at a depth of about 140 FT. I did NOT add a red filter.

I'd love to say that I planned the video, but since switching to the PD-170 in the Gates housing (from the VX 2000), I've had problems at depth with control issues. I'm pretty sure the F stop is 9.6 with a shutter of 1/60, but I could be wrong. It couldn't MWB because the shutter arm was impinged and I didn't know it. What you see is a MWB at 9.6 for surface setting. I gamma corrected it in FCP, but not by much.

I still have a lot to learn...

Andy

Thanks, Daehag!

The camera is a Sony PD-170, the last of the great Sony SD commercial ENG cameras with a 1 Lux rating. I'm using a Gates VX 2000 housing with a Fathom Imaging SWP 35 lens/port. It's shot in natural light at a depth of about 140 FT. I did NOT add a red filter.

I'd love to say that I planned the video, but since switching to the PD-170 in the Gates housing (from the VX 2000), I've had problems at depth with control issues. I'm pretty sure the F stop is 9.6 with a shutter of 1/60, but I could be wrong. It couldn't MWB because the shutter arm was impinged and I didn't know it. What you see is a MWB at 9.6 for surface setting. I gamma corrected it in FCP, but not by much.

I still have a lot to learn...

Andy

Thank YOU, Andy.

I don't have any knowledge about shooting video, specially high-end camera. That is the reason I ask about your setup.

Andy, I'd like ask a favor for my learning video shooting to you. If I can have a chance to learn video from your experience and knowlege, It'll be great to me. For you favor, I wish I can be your model or Light-man or I'll provide my Dual 50w HID video light.

It means Let's exchanging what we have.

I'm settling down near Washington DC area within few weeks, I hope I can have local buddies who willing to share what they have.

Here's some video clip I was in, or I shoot. Oh! This is not commercial activity at all. It is result from my passion to learn and share.

I was the only OC diver among RB divers, as a Lightman and model.
[vimeo]2552679[/vimeo]

This is my video with Dual 50w HID Video Light.
[youtubehq]SxBc6yhF30U[/youtubehq]

This is how I dive.
[youtubehq]E61UPEDyBNw[/youtubehq]

I'm looking forward to see you soon,

Daehag Kim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom