How was it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Apologies for not making th evening meal in Brockville folks... just not up to it I'm afraid. Saw three participants at Dan Humbles in the late pm and they looked pretty pumped... just wondering how things went?

Doppler

Best party ever, if I lived to be 100 I'll never see one like that again. Actually wasn't there. Cat, Spectre, Canuck diver, JRToken, and two others just left for the Wolfe. Once I figure out the camera I post a couple of pics. They all said they had a blast

What am I doing today, going to look at another new wreck that we found yesterday.

Tom R

Before I'm back to normal again.

Oh my gosh - I echo Tom's account. If it wasn't the free scuba gear, or the dancing girls, it was the jello shots. And of course, who can forget the after party - Naked Scuba takes on a whole new meaning!

Whew - I should have known the party would be good when Barb and DivingGal told me where they were staying! Now - if I can just manage to get all this confetti and body glitter off before my wife comes home...

Boogie711 once bubbled...
Before I'm back to normal again.

Oh my gosh - I echo Tom's account. If it wasn't the free scuba gear, or the dancing girls, it was the jello shots. And of course, who can forget the after party - Naked Scuba takes on a whole new meaning!

Whew - I should have known the party would be good when Barb and DivingGal told me where they were staying! Now - if I can just manage to get all this confetti and body glitter off before my wife comes home...
Boogie,
You forgot the to mention the game of underwater naked twister.:wacko:

Well Doppler, you did miss a fun time, next time for sure.

As for those post scuba activities.... you guys dancing on the tables!!!!

Just kidding of course (unless it happend after Barb and I left :wink: )

It was great meeting one and all.... somehow I don't think Spectre is going to ever forgive me for not recognizing him :( sigh

We'll have to try to do another bash....

.... you guys certainly have a rich fantacy life!!!!

I must tell you... the water trampoline at Pleasure Park will never be the same again. Next time don't bring the studded neck collar - the whips and chains did enough damage.

Seriously, I had fun meeting everyone.

My heros of the day were the Groundhog family - thanks again for rescuing my gear - I was just to excited about moving on to the next wreck site!!!

:)

Being of advanced years I found myself heading for the sleeping bag early both nights. Did I miss the fun & games? I vaguely remember Cat trying to get a game of twister going one evening and Specter had some suggestions on rule modifications. Some of it sounded physically impossible, at least for me, and I don't remember any screams of agony later in the night, so I doubt they actually tried it.

I thought Barb's studded dog collar was just a variation on the old ankle weight theme, an attempt at better trim, much like DivingGal's stainless steel handcuffs. Did I misunderstand? And I forgot to ask. What was in that 40cf sling bottle you girls kept taking sips from?

Someone mentioned Dan Humble earlier. I'd been hearing great things during our short stay in Brockville, so Boogie and I stopped in on the way home Sunday AM. What a great shop. And Dan is excellent. He's either a helluva nice guy, or a helluva salesman, or maybe both, cuz we ended up leaving with more DIN firsts than we had when we arrived, and we only stopped to look. But what really clinched the rave review was when I mentioned just before leaving that I had a tiny leak in my Halcyon 27's inflator. He asked to see it, promptly removed the red button thingy, messed about on his workbench for a few minutes, then stuck it all back together, gave me a big happy grin and said something like "There's nothing wrong with it.". I offered to pay, but he just waved me off. I like that in a LDS. It's attitude, stock, service and pricing like his that reminds me why I like dealing with LDS's. His setup is neat and well-organized. He has an amazing inventory. Check him out. The shop's behind his house on Hwy 2 near Mallorytown.

Speaking of Dans. I have to mention the other Dan, from Northern Tech Diver. We dropped in there on Friday morning for a fill and ended up getting a tour of the fill station for Boogie's benefit. Then Dan gave us a running commentary as he assembled his RB80 in prep for a dive that day. It was pretty interesting to us, not being all that familiar with RB's. Too often dive folks get a little condescending when they know they're miles above us in terms of what they're diving, but not Dan. He was friendly and open and even a bit self-effacing. A refreshing change from many of the techy types we encounter on the net. His shop is on Collins Bay. They have a very good selection of Halcyon gear.

Thanks to the folks who organized the weekend. I'm glad I went. Hopefully Taz will have healthier sinuses next time so he can join the dives. I wanna see that fancy-assed Poseidon gear in the water.

JohnF

Seacur once bubbled...
... I thought Barb's studded dog collar was just a variation on the old ankle weight theme, an attempt at better trim, much like DivingGal's stainless steel handcuffs. Did I misunderstand? And I forgot to ask. What was in that 40cf sling bottle you girls kept taking sips from?

A secret mix my friend.... next time if you're real good :tease: we'll let you share.

Someone mentioned Dan Humble earlier. I'd been hearing great things during our short stay in Brockville, so Boogie and I stopped in on the way home Sunday AM. What a great shop. And Dan is excellent.

Isn't he awesome? I know what you mean about going to the shop "just to look".... and end up leaving the shop with something, if nothing else a great time.

DivingGal once bubbled...

A secret mix my friend.... next time if you're real good :tease: we'll let you share.

I only became suspicious when the two of you brought it to dinner and kept it under the table, still taking sips, whilst guzzling beers with reckless abandon. Luckily Taz was there to keep some semblance of control.

JohnF

Seacur once bubbled...

Thanks to the folks who organized the weekend. I'm glad I went. Hopefully Taz will have healthier sinuses next time so he can join the dives. I wanna see that fancy-assed Poseidon gear in the water.

JohnF

Glad that everyone had a good time!

Next time we have an event I don't care if my sinuses are messed up I will dive. That way you and others can see that fancy assed Poseidon gear get wet instead of sitting in the trunk!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom