Hows this for a starter kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Scubapro from LDS. Glide Plus or Classic 2 bcd with AIR 2. mk25 1st with 600s second. Yeah, I know bp and plate- I'm a rookie not a pro. Sunto Viper. What else??? I'm so excited!!!!!

Kevin K:
Scubapro from LDS. Glide Plus or Classic 2 bcd with AIR 2. mk25 1st with 600s second. Yeah, I know bp and plate- I'm a rookie not a pro. Sunto Viper. What else??? I'm so excited!!!!!

Enjoy the gear...its the diver that make the difference. FWIW - rookie or pro has nothing to do with a backplate and wing. Educate yourself, don't let others do it for you.

Sounds like reasonable choices. If you haven't already, read up on the pros and cons of AIR2 before getting one.

Brothers, I have read this forum and others until I am blue in the face. Read everything I can get my hands on. Just wanta go dive. Looks like we're gonna do it with Scuba Pro. Good as any is my conclusion. Thanks for the help. kk

If it's what you want and you like it then it's the gear for you. I'm not a big fan of the AIR 2 but that is my personal feeling. Have you tried other gear in the pool or in open water? I tried back inflate vs jacket style, AIR 2 vs Traditional Octo before I bought my gear.

Scott

francousteau:
But. . . your profile says 500-1000 logged dives. Cheater :D
I actually have one dive-about 35yrs ago for 10 minutes under a shrimp boat to get a cable out of the wheel. I was huffing and puffing and I pulled myself up that rope about 8 feet into that boat with the tank on my back! Read too many books about sharks that year!! I might even go low end gear now. Sure would save a lot of dough and give me something to look forward too. As you can see I haven't make up my mind as of yet. Gotta stop talking to people about it!!! But in the end I quess it helps.

Kevin K:
I actually have one dive-about 35yrs ago for 10 minutes under a shrimp boat to get a cable out of the wheel. I was huffing and puffing and I pulled myself up that rope about 8 feet into that boat with the tank on my back! Read too many books about sharks that year!! I might even go low end gear now. Sure would save a lot of dough and give me something to look forward too. As you can see I haven't make up my mind as of yet. Gotta stop talking to people about it!!! But in the end I quess it helps.
Better profile???????????????

Scottri:
If it's what you want and you like it then it's the gear for you. I'm not a big fan of the AIR 2 but that is my personal feeling. Have you tried other gear in the pool or in open water? I tried back inflate vs jacket style, AIR 2 vs Traditional Octo before I bought my gear.

Scott

Why didn't you like the AIR2?

What is your opinion on the back inflate vs jacket style? I myself have used the parachute style and enjoyed using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom