HSA Bonaire trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crab

Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine from work just returned from an HSA (Handicapped Scuba Association) sponsored trip to Bonaire. Her paraplegic SO was certified on the trip and they enjoyed several dives together along with a group of other disabled divers. She put together a trip report/web page documenting the trip that is also a very interesting look at the process of an HSA open water certification and trip.

I was very impressed with this look at a part of scuba diving that, until recently, I was quite unaware of.

Very interesting reading!

I just finished DMing an AOW class (HSA / PADI combined) this weekend.

I find it truely amazing the desire and ability that some of the so called "disabled" divers have! You should see their buoyancy control!

Everyone graduated BTW. :D

Having njust returned from diving in the Similans I wish to recommend the liveaboard experience I had with BubbleBlue diving - Thai owned and run, they treated this quadriplegic to an experience I will never forget.

Daniel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom