Humber Bay Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WannaLaguna

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

It's FINALLY time for us to get back in the water!....well at least us poor souls without drysuits.

A few of us are trying to get a group together to dive Wednesday nights starting either this week or next.

If anyone is interested in searching for the "elusive brown trout" (in your best Cousteauian accent) send me a PM including your email address and I will put together a list of divers and email you all the results.

I am hoping to get a varied experience base to really round out the dives for everyone. I have not personally dove the site yet but am looking forward to it since I could basically get geared up and walk from my place. (so if you see someone walking down Parklawn honk on your way by :D )

d33ps1x:
Jeff.

Pretty much everyone in Toronto dives at either Humber or Centennial Park in Barrie on Wednesday nights. It's a bit of a tradition already. Show up around 6:30 or so any given Wednesday.

Hey D3,

Good to know! Well add a few more to the list! Wouldn't mind getting up to Centennial for a try as well!

cya there.

I'm waiting to get some gear but I'll there too!

BTW does everyone own their own tanks? Where's the closest place to get a rental tank?

TorontoDive:
BTW does everyone own their own tanks? Where's the closest place to get a rental tank?
Not everyone, but certainly the diehards do. You quickly discover you need to own tanks when you start getting phone calls early Sunday morning with dive invites and there's no where to get rentals. OTOH, if you're not going to dive quite a bit locally (say more than 20 a year), by the time you buy the tanks and pay for annual vis and 5 year hydro, you might be as well off to rent as to buy 2 cylinders.

TorontoDive:

TO Dive,

What gear are you waiting on? If you haven't sources out a shop with great prices give Dive Source a try. Brian, has be great with me. I bought my entire kit from him...I'm even thinking about tanks as well. A couple of E8 130's would do me nicely.

see you by the lake!

TorontoDive:

I own a small field of tanks, and can usually haul an extra one or two along to any dive I'm going on.......... I missed this week's Wednesday dive but I might be able to make it to next week's....

Back
Top Bottom