Humber Bay - The Saga Continues!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the waters of Lake Ontario or the St
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay folks, I realize this is short notice and all. We're gonna give the Humber Bay Lining Project another stab.

When: Monday and Tuesday 27 and 28 Sept.
Meet at the Coffee Time for 5:30 (that's 17:30 for you military types). If you can't be there for 5:30 that's fine, just head right to the site.

Where: The actual dive will take place off of Humber Bay Park West, the second last parking lot (entrance on the left of the winding little road) Max expected depth ~40' (if you're lucky) but expect cooler than usual temps (maybe 50° or so)

Who: Everyone interested! You don't have to be wanting to get your hands dirty so to speak, but the more the merrier!

Stuff To Bring:
  • lift bag
  • line (rope, anything you have handy) preferably wrapped or coiled around a holder of some sort so you can pay it out underwater. Loose bundles are not a good idea.
  • items of interest to donate to the briny deep. Bring zip ties if you intend to attach them to the line (small buoyant items) or appropriate weights if items are to remain at depth on their own (rocks are ok and can be found at the shore, but you will probably find yourself bringing them along on teh dive as there just aren't any out at depth)
  • mesh bags to carry items in (such as rocks)

In addition, we'll need:
  • steel pickets - Home Depot sells them - approximately $2 each, 3' long.
  • at least one sledgehammer. The footlong, 2# hand version is ideal. Make sure it has a clip or some means of stowing it.
  • lift bags. NOT surface markers (2' or 4' sausages) but actual lift bags.
  • carabiners (the type with a little notch cut out of the gate in order that it locks)

If I've left anything out, please feel free to let me know...

Questions/RSVPs (not necessary, but always nice to have) to freefloat@ntdmm.com or you can phone me (drop me an email for my number)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom