humber bay tommrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric__U

Contributor
Reaction score
hey,

Anyone wanna do a dive @ humberbay tommrow? Im free basically any time. Just post here if you want to go.

eric

I've never done Humber Bay. Anything at all worth seeing? Tomorrow is out for me at my regs, tanks and BC are all at the LDS. Supposed to be ready by next Friday, plan to test em in a pool Sunday to make sure all is well before driving to more distant dive sites.
I should be ready to hit OW in April.

Ah, but I'd be wet. Somehow a pool, though warmer this early in the year, lacks a certain something. ROOM to move. In the linked photos, the viz looked good. Looks like it'd be a good cold water shakedown dive. Have you got or do you know where I'd find details on how to find it, where to park ,where to enter?

The entrance is off Lakeshore Blvd, just go in through Humber Bay park west entrance (not the east entrance, as there is Humber Bay park east). I've been screwed up finding the place because of that before. From Kitchener, go 401 East to 427 South. Then Gardiner Expressway East to Islington Ave South. This takes you to Lakeshore Blvd. Go east for about a mile or so and the entrance is on the right hand side.

just got back from a dive there, found some 1 to go today. My first real dive in full gear this year. Good viz for humber bay but really cold (2 degrees). Dont think im gonna go tm now, but im game for later on in the week.

eric

simcoediver:
Groundhog , did you get a drysuit?
Yep. Picked up a decent used one. I would have preferred to rent one a few times and decide if I like diving dry. After diving it in a pool, I'm undecided. I like the idea of being warmer, but getting wet is part of diving in my mind. Time will tell. I have an aquaintance who had a drysuit and sold it again, as he preferred diving wet.

Groundhog246:
Yep. Picked up a decent used one. I would have preferred to rent one a few times and decide if I like diving dry. After diving it in a pool, I'm undecided. I like the idea of being warmer, but getting wet is part of diving in my mind. Time will tell. I have an aquaintance who had a drysuit and sold it again, as he preferred diving wet.

Anyone I have ever met who switched to diving dry is not a fan of going back to wet. Although I've heard of people who have I've yet to meet one.

Eric__U:
just got back from a dive there, found some 1 to go today. My first real dive in full gear this year. Good viz for humber bay but really cold (2 degrees). Dont think im gonna go tm now, but im game for later on in the week.

eric
Hey Eric, how open is Humber? I drove by the other day on the Gardiner and it looks like there isn't any ice nearby.

Back
Top Bottom