Wanted Hunter Gates Pro-Am 1050 Drysuit Size Large-Slim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abbey Chase

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to buy a gently used Hunter Gates Pro-Am 1050 drysuit of size Large-Slim. The shell of the suit should be in excellent conditions, with no leaks or punctures or patches. Ideally, the zipper should also be in good condition, but that's not a deal breaker. I am okay with the wrist and neck seals needing replacement.

Last edited:
Men's or women's? I have a Men's L-Med Gates Pro-Am 1100 for sale. Call me if interested: 718-360-7533

Don't believe that there is a large slim in the Gates suits - not according to the size charts I have anyway. The reason the Viking fitted you better is that Viking do a standard width and a wide version of each size - their standard is slimmer than the Gates and the wide is... well wider. Your best option will be either a Viking standard width or a Northern Diver Thor. Using it for commercial work?

Men's or women's? I have a Men's L-Med Gates Pro-Am 1100 for sale. Call me if interested: 718-360-7533

When you say "Large Med" do you mean "Large Slim"? If so, I'll definitely call you.

Oh, I just noticed that the suit you have is the PRO-AM 1100?.... I don't think there is such a such. Are you talking about the PRO-SVN 1100?

Last edited:
Don't believe that there is a large slim in the Gates suits - not according to the size charts I have anyway. The reason the Viking fitted you better is that Viking do a standard width and a wide version of each size - their standard is slimmer than the Gates and the wide is... well wider. Your best option will be either a Viking standard width or a Northern Diver Thor. Using it for commercial work?

The Gates Pro-AM 1050 from before the time Viking purchased them did in fact come in large-slim. I've seen one. I have a viking right now, but the proam is a much better construction and has a better fit, particularly the attached boots are much better. The viking have HUGE boots but the proam have much better fitted boots.

I use the suits for recreational diving in the St-Lawrence. I started diving at 15 and used to dive tri-lam (two suits) but the seams eventually began to leak within ~ 4 years or so. I don't want to have to buy a new suit every 4 years. And recently, I've heard about suits like Hollis which are brand new and leaking at the seams... I have little faith in suits that have taped seams.

I prefer the vulcanized drysuits because there are actually no seams, so the suits will last a lot longer.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom