Hurricane Earl this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm sure everyone has heard that Hurricane Earl may be gracing us with its' presence this weekend.

Is anyone changing their dive plans or what do people think? Definitely can't help with the terrible visibility we've had recently.

Newfound Lake...Can anyone that has had a chance to dive a Newfound Lake make some suggestions as to where to enter/park? Is there anything to look at other than aquatic life? Anything sunken below the surface to explore. I know that Wellington Beach State Park will be very crowded over the weekend... This could be an interesting idea considering all of the coastal disturbances. Any comments of Newfound Lake would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
BradK

I would do a search on newfound lake on this board and you'll see details. Basically, drive past wellington state park. Look to left side where there is an area you can park. (There will be a shed on it) It is private but the owners are cool to let you park there if you ask. It's just courteous to ask if ok to park. It's a seasonal place so they often aren't there during off season. Walk down past towards direction came from past the houses and you'll see a place can climb down to go in. Drops down deep. Pretty cool overhangs. Fallen trees, grill of truck, Realtor signs dumped over. Fish, muscles to feed the fish. One of those if you have to dive, a place to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom