Hydro calibration cylinder question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kammel78

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know the requirements to certify a calibration cylinder used for hyrdo? The only thing I've been able to dig up from Title 49 is that a "certificate of calibration must be maintained for each calibrated cylinder..." but I can't find any specs on on requirements to certify a calibration cylinder.

I know I can buy a "calibrated" cylinder from hydro-test of 3x the cost of a new cylinder (or ship them one to certify) but someone a while back also said anyone can basically certify their own calibration cylinder as long as they test and document the nominal expansion range? I've looked over the hydro-test calibration certificate that we have and it doesn't reference any specific code or authority. Just says, here's who tested it, when, cylinder specs, and acceptable expansion range.

Back
Top Bottom