Hyperbaric Chambers and Emergency Lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We just went back through our EMERGENCY PROCEDURES CHECKLIST and called all of the chambers (or attempted to call). We got zero, notta, zip, nuthin', negative contact, you get the picture......

Also, who is the new CIGI rep in Manila? I need to call him/her about the new O2 tanks and services they are offering.

:confused:Does anyone have a good EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS list that is known to work and has a functional chamber and known emergency lift??????:confused:

Some of the chambers have failed some of the Inspection tests. I had trained about 10 people from the military and also the tourist department hyperbaric chamber courses two years ago. I will make some phone calls and see what I can come up with and maybe get the ball rolling.

andibk

bizarre

No idea what a chamber costs but it surprised me there wasnt one in PG

There are plenty of chambers that are useable around the Philippines they just need to be refurbished. Subic Bay they have a nice chamber there that I have been after them to refurbish and help get up and running for years. I even have the blue prints of that chamber at home. I have sent the government people involved emails with chambers that are for sale for reasonable prices. I am trying believe me.

andibk

i love your expressions!

not nice enough for me - except i have to. i truly hope never to be in one of these cambers. if i have to then i don't care whether nice or not as long as they do the job

thinking about diving subic the first time - not because you have refurbished this camber.

hello philippines wake up - somebody is calling your cambers or maybe you have to offer prepayment first :crafty:

@sonar
if i remember right there is one in a hospital in batangas. next closest one would be manila luna hospital?

thats correct but since PG is all about (advanced and tech) diving you would expect one there..

Most chambers actually get used more for standard medical procedures and not really for diving disease treatment. Hence they cover their costs better in city centers near large hospitals and not in remote diving locations where there are rarely any incidents(such as most of the Philippine dive destinations).

@BabyD - The Chamber in Cebu at Viscom Station Hospital, Military Camp Lapu-lapu Lahug
Cebu City is fine and contactable. Try 032 233-9942 Dr Major Cruz is the I/C.

CIGI - details sent on PM to preserve privacy.

Matt.

Got the PM...THANKS
Our number was incorrect for Cebu...thanks buddy.

I logged more then 480 hours of operating the chamber for hyperbaric treatment on the Thai Navy base. I think out of all of the treatments there was only one that was for a DCI. The rest were for healing wounds, burn, co poisoning etc. Alot of the hopsitals are installing SECHRIST monoplace chambers for treating wound patints. For a DCI treatment I definetly would prefer the larger double lock chambers for comfort. The local hospital has a SECHRIST and the Thai military base have a couple also.

Anybody interested in chamber courses you can contact me. I do not have it on my website yet but the courses will be up and rolling here shortly. Students will get a chance to go to the Navy base and see the large 6 person double lock chamber in use. One day will be spent at the local hospital with the SECHRIST chamber and a few days will be operating a large chamber at a local Commercial diving operation. STudents will be certified as a Chamber Operator and tender. PM if interested.

andibk

I think if you need a chanber when diving in the Philippines you will need to epect to be airlifted to Singapore.

Back
Top Bottom