I.D. Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

epdagger

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone recognize this console? I am having alot of trouble finding any info on it. Thanks a heap.

Dacorguages.jpg

It is an old Dacor combo console - SPG, depth gauge, and digital bottom timer. The battery in the bottom timer is surely dead but it can be replaced. I can not remember what battery is needed.

FYI I am not sure which Dacor first stage you have. It may be a paper weight as parts for Dacor regs are not longer available. There are some dealers who still have parts.

I picked it up for $50 so I don't think I did real bad. The spg and depth gauge both work but I cant get the bottom timer to come on and I have changed the battery. I have breathed on it in a pool but I have not serviced it yet, the only problem I had with it was it stopped breathing when I rolled over on my back facing up at the surface. I am hoping that it will be good enough for a backup after a good going through and getting everything adjusted right.

The 1st stage is a 960. They're nice, but you'll probably have to service it yourself (not too hard - check over on the DIY forum to get knotical's Dacor service manuals).

One thing to think about, since it stopped breathing when you rolled over on your back, it might be an issue with the tank and not the reg. I would check your tank's dip tube and see if it has come off and thus allowing something to block the air passage when you roll over. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom