I fly in to Florida on 10/23, I fly out on 10/29, and would love to dive and fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In10se

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in Texas and I've been diving here in Lake Travis since I got certed in 07. I'm coming to Florida to get my first dive experience in water with viz greater than 10'/15'. I'll have a few days to lounge around and enjoy my time so ... anyone have any suggestions?

Fishing and diving off of a boat, but not a party boat or a boat with a herd of divers, would be nice. I'm not rich, but I'm not expecting to do this free of charge either.

I am an AOW noob with only about 50 dives, but I'm addicted to scuba and really enjoy the depth.

You can either post your thoughts here, pm me, or just call me on my cell at 512-716-9207

Thanks!!

where in Fl are you flying to?
Anywhere. I have no set plans. What ever suggestions come from the local divers in Florida that post here at SB is probably what I'll do.

Anywhere. I have no set plans. What ever suggestions come from the local divers in Florida that post here at SB is probably what I'll do.

Fly into Ft Lauderdale and do the areas around there.

From FLL it's a quick trek to Key Largo/Islamorada/Tavernier or Jupiter/Boynton/W. Palm and you could fish the ocean or the Everglades!

I would definitely do at least one spring dive while you are here.

We have a lot of successful spearfishers and lobster hunters here in Jupiter. You could fly into West Palm Beach (or Ft. Lauderdale). Jupiter Dive Center caters to all kinds of divers. They will drop hunters off at different spots than sightseers and are eagle eyed when it comes to finding you and picking you up. I have found them more than accommodating and knowledgeable when it comes to knowing where to drop people off. Give them a try! Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida.

SO far on the list:

Fly into Ft Lauderdale and do the areas around there
Head down to do a weekend dive from Key West
Hit at least one spring dive
Check out options at Key Largo/Islamorada/Tavernier or Jupiter/Boynton/W. Palm including ocean fishing and fishing the Everglades!

I should book a fishing guide. One guide for both fresh water bass fishing and deep sea would be my choice if anybody knows of one.

It sounds like a great week!!!

The only thing I might say is that the best "diving" in Key West is done on land. Save your diving dollars for the middle to upper Keys and just go there to party. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom