I got bent without reason

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Suunto Vyper. I couldn't swing the Cobra when I got it. I like it because it has settings in which you can make it more conservative and it has the Reduced Bubble Gradient Model algorithm.

As to your original post. Never feel embarrassed or 'blow it off'. You did the right thing. I was DM'ing for an advanced class all weekend. The last dive of the weekend I descended to 17' and couldn't clear. I came up to 12' and felt fine. After the dive, I got out and the right side of my face was paralyzed. I thought I had a stroke underwater. During the ambo ride, my symptoms subsided. I was kept for observations, doppler for PFO etc. DAN advised I didnot need to go to the chamber after hearing my profiles. All conservative, we were doing a class. I felt embarrassed, stupid etc. Turns out I had a cold setting in and had no symptoms that I noticed. I trapped air in my middle ear and upon ascending, it expanded pushing on the seventh cranial nerve, essentially turning the side of my face OFF.

Thanks for posting. It is probably a worthwhile read, but I don't have the time or patience to labor through it right now. If somebody has the time to edit it, I'd appreciate it.

Ha! ha! That's one of the most awesome responses ever on Scubaboard. Translation:

"I'm too lazy to actually read this, but I'll take the time to reply and ask someone ELSE to read it for me and edit it to my liking. Then I may actually provide some useful input."

Wow. Maybe you can find someone to chew your food for you as well.

Ha! ha! That's one of the most awesome responses ever on Scubaboard. Translation:

"I'm too lazy to actually read this, but I'll take the time to reply and ask someone ELSE to read it for me and edit it to my liking. Then I may actually provide some useful input."

Wow. Maybe you can find someone to chew your food for you as well.
:rofl3:

I'm going to vote for YOUR response as the most awesome response, ever! Thanks for saying so eloquently what we all were thinking.

But we wouldn't have been as impressed. . . . :rofl3:

Gombessa, I am pretty good with acronyms but Wiskey Tango Foxtrot. Could you translate for this diver in Fla. :D

TLDR - Too long, Didn't (or Don't) Read

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Also, put the w-t-f in colons, you get :w-t-f:

:rofl3:

Thanks for posting. It is probably a worthwhile read, but I don't have the time or patience to labor through it right now. If somebody has the time to edit it, I'd appreciate it.
I figure, if I don't have time to read these long posts about other people getting bent (and learn from them), I could end up with plenty of time to read them while I'm in the chamber...:eyebrow:

I took a ride once after a dive within NDL's, and the doc attributed it to dehydration, strenuous activity immediately after the dive, and then a nice long HOT shower. IOW's, being stupid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom