I got tinnitus it seems outta nowhere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've not been exposed to loud noises. Seems to have just come out of no where. I'm 52. I'll stop smoking today and pray that helps.
Smoking will F you up. I quit smoking 24 years ago. Caffeine or any other stimulants will agravate it. There are Tinnitus groups on Facebook. Different things work for different people.

Fight the depression! Try for zen. Think of it as the shrimp crackling in their holes in the reef

Get a massage

I will try my best, unfortunately this is something on top of many other things. But I guess, could always be worse. I'll look for some courage within. It's funny until it gets worse you think "things can't get much worse" then they do. Thank you.

Do things that you enjoy, for long periods and short periods. CConcentration the improvement of those "other" things. Don't let tthe tinnitus control you or your moods. Listen for real birdsong. Real ocean waves. The sound of fronds rustling in a breeze. The small pleasures.

Thanks Chilly, I guess it is a new thing so can't expect instant miracles, I'll try to be more patient with it, fight it less. I know acceptance is probably the key but boy the screaming in my head is most unpleasant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom