I had to laugh when I saw this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fuzzmutton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys! I was looking for an underwater housing on ebay and came across this, item #110288098115. I'm giving the item # cause the web address for that page was a mile long. Anyway, is this guy for real?! He is trying to sell an acrylic jar, like a cookie jar, for an underwater housing. Sez it's perfect, it's clear and you can see your camcorder just fine through it (can't touch the controls though!).

Wonder how many of these he sells?:rofl3:

Hey guys! I was looking for an underwater housing on ebay and came across this, item #110288098115.

Wonder how many of these he sells?:rofl3:

The seller spent a lot of energy advertising this cookie jar. What's funny is the Canon HV20 being used as the "camera" to inside the jar.

Very funny. Thanks for posting.

X

FWIW, I could not resist using the 'Ask Seller a Question' facility.

I asked:
You are serious right? Selling a FOOD CONTAINER as an underwater camera housing! I admire your wit and ingenuity. :)
... and received the following (very fast) reply:
I'd been looking for one for quiet a while. It fits my camera and works for me perfectly! I had tried building my own, and shopping online. This "food container" is PERFECT for this. =) It has a good seal and has been depth tested, but yes, its a serious listing. The price was only upped a few dollars anyway, I'm hoping that someone else that's like me can be helped.

So it seems that the seller is actually using one of these. I don't think I'd trust it beyond a couple of feet of depth (snorkelling, perhaps), but there you go! :shakehead:

Oh, boy! He WAS serious, hee hee, that's even funnier!

The Ultimate Car Accessory: The Faux Stick-On Sunroof

These were being sold on ebay for a while. What was funnier were the questions and answers. "I love this idea, could you make a stick on "abs" light for the dash in my car? How about a stick on for the hood with a turbo charged engine so people will think I have one? Obviously the questions were tounge in cheek, but he would answer saying how great those ideas were. I do give him credit for trying, and I needed a goog laugh for the day!

Anybody notice that he doesn't give a depth?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom