I just don't feel like diving.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with saspotato, I just love being in the water. Even if there isn't much to see, I'd still go out and have fun just swimmin around. But hey, it could be a good time to go out and practice some drills or work on your buoyancy.

Jsado,

Depending on how 'up state' you are, how about considering a dive in the St. Lawrence River? You can catch a ferry across Lake Ontario to the Canadian side and do some driving in Brockville or Rockport. :wink:

The St. Lawrence is my get away..... I go up there a 3 or 4 times a year and LOVE IT. To be honest, I didn't have a problem diving in our lake UNTIL I started diving in the St. Lawrence. I was just happy to be diving and underwater. Then I started diving in the St. Lawrence....70ft Viz, no thermalcine - 74F at the surface and 74F at 100ft , tons of life, wrecks, shore dives where the depth drops to 60ft just 10ft from shore..............

I'm thinking I just need to get back out there and dive the local lake anyway. It might not be the greatest, but at least I'll be diving. Getting even more comfortable, perfecting my techniques and working on skills...... I guess it can be a good thing right? anywhere from 20ft to 2ft viz, cold, dark water, and with no landmarks whatsoever under water - it forces me to rely on navigation skills.

If I had to dive in a lake for my "regular basis" diving, I'd kill myself! Personally, living by saltwater is a must. I feel your pain. I have now answer for you.

different strokes for different folks. i dive just because i can. i do it to relax, to get rid of the stress of the prior work week. my regular dive buddy is in your boat though, he hates diving the lake, because according to him we have seen all there is to see there. ocean, lake, pond, deep enough mud puddle, i dont care id dive it just to say i did.

There's no law that says you have to want to dive in the conditions you have locally. Some people only enjoy diving warm water, or good viz, or lots of critters. As long as you dive enough to keep your skills fairly sharp, it's okay not to want to dive.

If you used to enjoy diving these conditions and no longer do, it might be worth looking at why your feelings have changed.

I find that tropical sea with many corals and fish is dull, because the diving is too easy and too monotonous everywhere in the world. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom