I just found a burried treasure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Records share a space above the marine building training room with us. They store old case files up there and there is all kinds of marine division stuff up there.

When the graveyard shift comes on I’ve been going in that big room and doing the dive team inventory. Some of our special use stuff we don’t use often is up there. The rest is in a bay about 20’ behind the first out jet boat.

So I’m poking around and have to move a few dozen items to get to an unmarked cabinet. Hummmm, my keys fit. I open it and Holly Poo Batman, here’s a partial list of what I found.

2 new DUI Red/Black XL TLS-350’s
3 old neoprene XL dry suits
2 new XL Mustang survival suits
1 XL Harvey’s undies
1 XL Polar Fleece Undies
3 hoods
7 old pairs of dry gloves with good rings
2 new Cressi-Sub FF masks
1 single lens mask
1 new Maximus, Shadow plus, Areis Atmos Pro and compass
1 new Maximus first & second only
1 used Blizzard, Shadow and gauges
1 used Poseidon, Poseidon octo and gauges
3 gauge set ups
1 Conshelf SE2S, Conshelf octo, Viking inflator and USD gauges
2 new Sterns 100mph PFD’s
3 Sherwood compasses
2 used Mini “C”
5 used UK800R’s with chargers
2 used UK400
1 mini strobe
2 weight belts w/o weights
3 ditty bags
3 locking carabiners (sp)
1 video housing and camera
3 new “Life Saver” bag masks
2 new XL Zeagle Rangers
1 old USD Caylpso BC
1 old Dacor Nautica
5 pairs of Jet fins
2 Alum 80’s with “J” valve
2 Steel 72’s with “J” valve
And a box full of spare parts, buckles and hoses.

This was stuff was just tucked away and we didn’t even miss it. I dune found me the candy store.

We have about 20 times that stuff down stairs. On the bottom shelf, in the open is normally 25-80’s, 3-72’s and 3-50’s. Plus each team member has 2-80’s in their car. I have 14 more of my own at home and one of the other guys has 4-hp100’s and 4-80’s that are his. Compressor, we need no stinking compressor. That’s a lot of air but if the Fire rigs don’t show we can run out.

Now I know why we need one person playing official keeper of the toys. That is a ton of money playing hide-n-seek.

I B likn me new title, tis fun and it's getting my mind off Mike.

Gary D

I Wish My Team Had Half The Stuff You Found, We Have Little To No Funding.as A Team, We All Dive With Our Personal Equiptment.

Holy crap!!! and I thought I was excited when my drysuit showed up the daybefore christmas, two hours before I was supposed to go diving :D That must have been a big cabinet. Hopefully that takes a few things off the list of stuff to buy. Whats the latest on the SS Gary? What kind of training are you guys going to do with it when you do get it? Do you suppose you will train on the computer usage, or wil you get to dive on targets and such?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom