I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1943 K98k Mauser. Non import marked, I was told it was a vet bring back. All numbers match with the exception of the bolt (all parts match itself). This is common on bring backs as either POW's were made to remove bolts when rifles were surrendered and it was also common for bolts to be removed when GI's boarded the ships to come home (for safety reasons bolts and rifles kept separate) then when arriving home bolts were handed out with no regard for matching numbers. Note intact WaA stamps. Yeah, I have to work on my gun photography skills..

IMG_9187_zpse3c4ce9f.jpg

IMG_9189_zps78658038.jpg

IMG_9191_zps1885746e.jpg

IMG_9192_zps80e4aec2.jpg

IMG_9186_zps5663f9ee.jpg

IMG_9188_zps2d1002fd.jpg

very nice

what is that on the butt of stock in the first picture?

It is the mechanism for securing the sling. They used a cut out through the stock and a buckle assembly. Makes the gun lay flat when slung. Looks weird due to lighting and poor photog skills.

20140418_085524_zpsdtmkezun.jpg

20140418_085545_zpsqukuinli.jpg

This is how the front is secured.
20140418_090322_zpsd5ormzde.jpg

Finally got out last Saturday to do a little shooting. Ran 350 rounds through the XDS. Seems either the soaking in ultrasonic cleaner or the frog lube did the trick. No more failures, it appears to like to run a little wet.

This is the infamous model 700 that they've been in denial with for 10 years?

Actually, this sounds to me like this involves the newer versions of the 700 and Mod7 ( '96 and up), rather than the older version of the 700 which were the ones that were in the center of the debate. I will pass the info on to my daughter, so she can determine if my old 700 I gave her is involved in the recall.

Thanks for pointing out the recall. I had not seen it.

This recall is for those manufactured from 2006 to Present.

Back
Top Bottom