I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are my kinda people. Sign on my door says Beware! Guard Cats on Duty! A little six year old former feral serial killer and an 18 lb part DSH and part Clydesdale Tom. No balls but big claws and teeth. And they are the most intelligent and affectionate animals. Dogs are not as smart. A dog will fetch a ball when you ask him to. Cats will make you go chase it. Repeatedly. All while looking at the big dummy who thinks they are going to burn energy chasing something they can't eat or torture!

In addition to my 44 Navy that will not only put a big round ball betwixt their eyes but set em on fire as well with the tongue of flame that 30 grains of Pyrodex coupled with some bore butter makes. I have this 12 gauge goose gun that was modified for home defense by the previous owner so the 36 inch barrel is now 20 inches.

And today I picked up a nice little Remington 581 .22 bolt action for 75 bucks that had maybe a box of shells (50) through it. Guy I got it from buys guns, puts a box of shells or so through em, gets tired of them, puts them in the closet, or sells them cheap to buy something else. I got him at the right time.

Next few extra bucks is gonna be an 1858 steel frame and then add a .45 long colt conversion cylinder to it.

Guy on TV is talking about Winchester 1873 that are available in various calibers. Retail price is $1295.00 :shocked2: I think I'd rather have a Marlin for $450.

Wasn't marlin doing something nefarious with regards to the second amendment or some such malarkey?

I follow the lines of, why throw a pea when you can throw a brick. I love my 45/70 and my 44 Rem Mag. Have a couple of 357 Heavy weight forward Rugers also. For a little side kick a Marlin 357 lever action that almost fits any where. Guns are great and the way I see it, MY RIGHT!!!:wink:

I want a 50 BMG sniper rifle . . .

3D50.jpg

My LDS (one of them, anyway) also has a gun shop at the store. They have one of these on these on the counter. The manager told me if I could fire it from my shoulder without falling down I could have it.

Ever since then I've been working out. A lot.

As for the Walther. I'd take one if given to me. But for my money I prefer something more modern like this:

5561b9a4b9f3089cc5339079bcf7b5f7.png
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow Custom. Fiber optic front sights. Combat rear. Competition hammer, 2lb trigger, worked over everything. MMMM MMMM MMM.

However, I have to admit. I've sold more than one of my firearms to fund diving in the past year. I guess everyone's got their priorities.

I follow the lines of, why throw a pea when you can throw a brick.

I follow the lines of, I get 17 peas in my Glock 17 9mm and when one goes through your forehead or eye socket you really won't know the difference between that or a .45.

In law enforcement we'd shoot for the chest (twice) before a headshot. That was back when I was on duty. Now, if I had to fire on someone, I shoot for the face.

Seems those who brag about "knockdown power" need to go get some target practice in.

Jim Lapenta: Next few extra bucks is gonna be an 1858 steel frame and then add a .45 long colt conversion cylinder to it.[/QUOTE]

You see these conversions along with Colt Navy conversions in some of Squint Eastwood's westerns. He is a collector, and some odd weapons show up from time to time in his films, like an 1896 Mauser semi-auto with a shoulder stock. These are surprisingly well balanced accurate pistols. Winston Churchill used one when he participated in the last full scale cavalry charge undertaken by the British Army.

Cats are magical. You have to earn their trust and loyalty. I'm always impressed when a hungry cat will stop halfway through a meal to come over to a person who has taken the trouble to feed them and very obviously offer their thanks before resuming their meal. This is more than can be expected from humans.

That cats are considered 'sneaky' and cautious is mostly the fault of cretins who abuse them, who dislike cats because their idea of an animal companion is a slave.

I want a 50 BMG sniper rifle . . .

3D50.jpg

A friend of mine has a Barrett 50, he reloads for it because of the cost of the rounds, I've never gone shooting with him with it but need to! He's basically a mad scientist, he's currently building his own drone.

My latest bang buddy is at the gunsmith right now having some repairs due to the extractor breaking, a 1943 M1 Garand, not a collectible, just a good shooter that has always been a blast to shoot.. right up until the extractor took a crap. Love the old American firearms, if my M1 could talk, I'd love to hear the stories of where it's been and what it's been involved with.

---------- Post added October 1st, 2013 at 09:24 AM ----------

Cats are magical. You have to earn their trust and loyalty. I'm always impressed when a hungry cat will stop halfway through a meal to come over to a person who has taken the trouble to feed them and very obviously offer their thanks before resuming their meal. This is more than can be expected from humans.

My dog is magical too, he can make entire animals disappear...

I shot a 50 once. It wasn't a barrett. It's quite the experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom