I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my Kimber with the Crimson Trace laser grips installed. What a beautiful piece this is. It shoots even better than it looks.:D

photo45.jpg

I suppose that's supposed to compete with the other micro 9's like Beretta's BU9 Nano? Not sure I'm in love with the extended magazine in a weapon that's supposed to be small.

I don't own a .40...........yet

I have an XDM .40 in both the 4.5" and 3.8" barrels. The 3.8" is great for concealed carry, but there are times when I'd like to have something just a bit smaller and more concealable. I really want to keep all of them in the same caliber and family so that all the features and controls are the same across the board.

I'm not sold on .40 myself. Not much more energy than a 9mm and the ammo is a bit more expensive.

I'm not sold on .40 myself. Not much more energy than a 9mm and the ammo is a bit more expensive.

I felt the .40 was a good compromise. Little larger than a 9mm, little faster than .45 and the magazine capacity is right between. Some people swear by .45, but the reality is that the wound channel isn't significantly larger. I'd rather a bit more velocity and higher capacity. The more rounds that can effectively be put on a target, the greater the chances of stopping the threat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom