I must admit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Bonaire! Coz was our favorite until we started diving in Bonaire... truly a Diver's paradise. Pricier plane tickets, but cheap unlimited shore diving!

Been to Bonaire :D Loved it and hope to get back one day. It's my second favorite Caribbean diving (Bloody Wall holds my heart).

However, if given the choice between someplace new and Bonaire, I think I would choose a new experience. When traveling so far, for so much $$, I find it hard to justify not seeing something new.

Just don't feel that way about Coz. Been twice and I want to go back again! :idk:

I agree, I have been to Bonaire as well and loved the diving. Can't beat the shore diving there. There is something about Cozumel that has just drawn us in. Can't put my finger on it. For us, Bonaire as well as a few other Carribean dive destinations had not given us the same fuzzy feeling.

Been to Bonaire :D Loved it and hope to get back one day. It's my second favorite Caribbean diving (Bloody Wall holds my heart).

However, if given the choice between someplace new and Bonaire, I think I would choose a new experience. When traveling so far, for so much $$, I find it hard to justify not seeing something new.

Just don't feel that way about Coz. Been twice and I want to go back again! :idk:

We keep going back to both! Cheap tickets to Coz and cheap diving in Bonaire. Love 'em both :)

I am not a fan of drift diving thus I like to mix it up with places where shore diving is optimal like Curacao and Grand Cayman. But I also feel the pull to return to Coz. Wonderful food, dive op choices, people, lodging options and minimal time in airports. The people make you feel welcome where as in some other locations they can be indifferent in for unwelcoming. Most importantly, I feel safe in Coz. You certainly don't see as much crime as other places in the Caribbean.

Ditto. We've been all over the carribean, but the last few years we've just been going back to Cozumel. From Houston you just can't beat the tickets and cheap and easy diving. I've been looking for a chance to make it back to Bonaire too, that's a trip I wanna do again, I love the independance of shore diving. If only there was some way to combine the two.....

So, we're back here in cozumel this week, trying to ride out TS Alex. Thank Goodness, it looks like it's going to slide right past us tonight. Today was very overcast and it rained all day. We took my wife's parents out snorkeling at the Villa Blanca wall, she stayed with them and I did a solo dive all the way out to the wall, testing my naviagation skills:eyebrow: Didn't drop down the wall, just peeked over the ege, though I was tempted..... I figured I had pushed things enough already, being out that far alone. It took me about 20 minutes to make it, but I got there with 2000 psi. It was a pretty cool feeling to go that far and find what I was looking for:shocked2:. Carrying a camera helps pass the time over the sand.

Back
Top Bottom