I need tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you've already left for Bonaire, but just in case - here's my 2 cents.

If you put your camera/housing in the rinse bucket when you get on the boat and leave it in there for the ride out to the dive site make sure it is turned off! I had one dive recently where I put the camera in the bucket, rode out to the site, giant stride off the boat and start to descend with my camera. Only then did I realize that the camera had been turned on in the bucket and the record button had been pressed. So I'm in the water with a tape in the camera that has already run all the way to then end. This was for a production shoot, so I was able to get back on the boat, pull the camera out of the housing & rewind the tape to start over. PITA!

Have fun.

Never ever leave your camera in the "Bucket" it is the worst place on the boat! The tank is to get the salt off only and a bad place to store expensive gear! If it is going to leak it will in the tank! If you want to scratch your lens it a great place to do it! If you want to break something off the housing again it is the best place to do it! A flat surface were it will not get kicked is better! Rinse your camera take it out and dry it off, its a rinse tank not storage!

Thanks guys. Well I am here and just got through looking at my first days video. I learned that I need to shoot longer videos, and I need to make sure that I stop recording when I am done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom