I need to lose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok Jed+4 theres a great rpogram out there for beginning to get into great shape its called "body for life" follow it TO THE LETTER and you will have great success. Every time you do a muscle set when you lift weights do them to fail, this will make you stronger for the intense cardio you will need to do to lose the body fat, but remember working out is 95% DIET and body for life has a great one, you will never be hungry.

I was a little worse off than you when I started. I am 5'11" and tipped the scales at an ugly fatboy weight of 310. I too wanted to get back to the 205 I was when I got married 20 years ago, but I knew that was too much of a goal and I would get frustrated quickly.

I saw some co-workers have success with Weight Watchers so both my wife and I joined (she didnt need to lose much, but her's was more for moral support for me). In addition to this, we also walk a little over a mile and a half every night and do some workout (either ab workout or some upper body on the bowflex).

Fast forward a little over a year - I am down to 255 and she is down 27 pounds herself. Because I dropped the weight I did, she has agreed to let me get certified (She didn't want me to risk anything when I was so overweight - and I will be doing my second day of confined water dives tonight - should finish Sunday). I still have a long way to go - but I have also changed my goal to 225 due to my muscle structure. It is a pain in the arse having to buy new clothes all the time, but it is very nice going from tight 44 pants to loose 40's and on a good day, I can wear 38's.

Good luck with your programs and plans - but remember, it is not a "do it now" type of diet. It is a total change in lifestyle and how you view foods AND portions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom