I ordered a HOG 32 wing tonight !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnAC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ordered a HOG 32 wing tonight, can't wait to try it out. I will post some reviews after a few dives.

You're gonna love it !!!
But the inflator takes a little getting used to . . . it's soooo quiet.

the K

You're gonna love it !!!
But the inflator takes a little getting used to . . . it's soooo quiet.
the K

Yeah, can't wait, this is my first wing. I have only used one once before with a hog harness and bp that i bought from a tech diver. It was GREAT, no more BCD for me!

Questions:

1. Do you use a STA with yours? If not, how stable is tank, do things shift?
2. Does the wing hang below your tank bottom?
3. How is the bag wearing, some have been critical of 1680 denier?
4. Hows the length on the inflator?

Thanks WJC

I'll chime in with another very positive review. I've had mine since just before Christmas and love it. After trying it once, we had to get another one for my wife. I also dive the 38 doubles wing.

1. I've never used and STA with that wing and don't have any shift. I've used 63's 80's and LP 95's.

2. Not on an 80 with my setup. It does slightly with a bootless 95. (and 63 for that matter)

3. We are careful to properly take care of our equipment, good cleanings and maintenance. But out on the boats / at the beaches they do get some level ov abuse with normal use. Up to this point I've seen no signs of unusual wear (or really any wear for that matter)

4. The inflator as K mentioned is great. Quiet and a nice slow fill allows for getting it just right. The hose however was a little long for me. It was not overly long, but I did swith to a shorter one. I do have my chest d-rings right at the top of where they should be, so it bent out just a little when I was prone.

But I've seen it work well for others. All in all I don't know of a better deal for any products out there.

Good luck!

I

I'll chime in with another very positive review. I've had mine since just before Christmas and love it. After trying it once, we had to get another one for my wife. I also dive the 38 doubles wing.

1. I've never used and STA with that wing and don't have any shift. I've used 63's 80's and LP 95's.

2. Not on an 80 with my setup. It does slightly with a bootless 95. (and 63 for that matter)

3. We are careful to properly take care of our equipment, good cleanings and maintenance. But out on the boats / at the beaches they do get some level ov abuse with normal use. Up to this point I've seen no signs of unusual wear (or really any wear for that matter)

4. The inflator as K mentioned is great. Quiet and a nice slow fill allows for getting it just right. The hose however was a little long for me. It was not overly long, but I did swith to a shorter one. I do have my chest d-rings right at the top of where they should be, so it bent out just a little when I was prone.

But I've seen it work well for others. All in all I don't know of a better deal for any products out there.

Good luck!

I

Thanks for the feedback, I really did a lot of reading and this seemed to be a high quality wing at a great price.

Thanks for the support! I hope you have som egreat dives. Anything I can help with let me know.

best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom