I saw a double hoses used in a movie.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZKY I'm sorry if I have silted your waters I was just stating my opinions about the old double hose regulators. I'll keep my opinions to myself in the future. :mooner:

Why you are no Daisy at all. What fun is that? But, as to playing nice, this is the vintage forum where grumpiness is authentic, if nice and sweet and goodiness is what you seek, the twin hose crowd is not the answer, try the Basic Forum where it is against the rules to be disagreeable.

:wink:.

I saw that Discovery Channel episode, I think it was late 90s footage, kinda foggy in my brain at the moment, who knows.

N

Sooner or later a Mentor will show up on ebay.

I have to say that the Mentor is nice looking. They did a good job on it, as opposed to the New Mistral. That thing is......well, thingish. I'd love to have a Mentor in my collection...but on Ebay, I guessing it would go for $1500+ due to it's rarity.

I don't have the bank for that.

I have to say that the Mentor is nice looking. They did a good job on it, as opposed to the New Mistral. That thing is......well, thingish. I'd love to have a Mentor in my collection...but on Ebay, I guessing it would go for $1500+ due to it's rarity.

I don't have the bank for that.

Yes I have to agree the Mentor is nice looking and would be a great addition to a collection. But I think I will stay with my favorite "old" Mistral, I just love that reg., even more than my RAM

They did a good job on it, as opposed to the New Mistral. That thing is......well, thingish.

I think the real death blow for the New Mistral was that it had a high price tag and a reputation for poor performance. Being thingish could have actually been an asset. It implies that the product is all about practicality and results and the hell with style. An AK47 is thingish.

I was fortunate to be able to check out Ryans Mentor at the Tacoma show this year. Very solid looking reg.

Picture2030-2.jpg

As to performance differences; I'm a little ho hum about the whole subject really. For recreational diving I think too much is made of such matters. How much gooder than good can good get anyways? I can do the same dives with a DH, J valve, watch and DG that others need $1000's worth of gear to do. So what if it's a little more challenging. Challenge helps us grow. What does easy convenient and effortless teach us. I also suspect that I am actually such a totally awesome diver anyways that I need a little hobbling just to bring me back in line with otherwise standard performance.

What I really like about my DH, and vintage diving in general, is the relationship I have developed with my equipment and my dives but, being a gentleman, I choose not to talk about such personal matters in public.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom