I still can't decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even though the beaches at Habitat (none) and Sunset Waters may not be the best, if you are shore diving you'll have a car and would be just 5 to 10 minutes from other really nice beaches; Daibooi, Porto Marie, Cas Abou, Lagun, Jeremi, and the two at Knip. The Lodge Kura Hulanda has a small but adequate beach. I gave someone from the cruise ship a tour of the west end this week and noticed that the government has not only graded all the beaches but rebuilt all the palapas (grass umbrellas) and picnic tables that were damaged from Omar. We also prefer the west dive sites but you'll find something interesting on every dive on the island. You can try VRBO or Home Away web sites for self catering accommodations. There are a number of beautiful villas above Habitat (Saint Willibordus) and Sunset Waters (Santa Marta). Here in Westpunt there are Marazul condos, All West Apartments (air on site) and we even have a vacation apartment. In Lagun there are condos and apartments. True, there is not a lot of night life but within 15 miles there are at least a dozen places to eat. Ocean Encounters West is the dive op in Westpunt (not to be confused with Ocean Encounters). If you decide to stay at Lions Dive or Breezes, I'll also recommend Mark and Suzy at the Dive Bus. They're a lot of fun above and below waterline. Feel free to email me with any questions. I also have some notes on the west end. I'm glad you decided to dive Curacao, enjoy!
Sunshine
curacaosunshine@gmail.com

oops, forgot to mention. I have the OEWest boat schedule because they're right down the street. I'm sure Habitat and SW have schedules as well. You can reserve a spot for single days with OEWest to be assured of getting the days you want.
Our favorite boat dives are Watamula and Redhio; our favorite shore dives are Alice In Wonderland (Playa Kalki) and Playa Largu at San Juan. That said, Jeremi is not my favorite dive site but recent guests loved it and went snorkeling almost every day. They saw an octopus out swimming during the day, saw turtles and rays and found a number of great shells.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom