I wanna know why some of you are here!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar once bubbled...
I'm curious....
Are some of you here to help other divers?
Sure, if they ask for help.
Are some of you here to learn from others and provide assistance where you can?
Yes. I've learned some great stuff from ScubaBoard.
Are you here just because you like Scuba and this is as close to the water as you can get right now?
Nope. I'm close to the beach and the quarry so, my diving options are almost always open.
Are you here to stand up for your way of diving while attacking others to make yourself feel better?
Yes, I'll stand up for my way of diving, but I don't need to attack anyone.

.. I'm here to learn from others... (and you guys and gals are doing a great job of that!) and I also like to help where I can (if I can) and just to listen to the chit-chat. It keeps me laughing if nothing else! :D

Kayla:)

I'm .... here to learn from others and provide assistance where I can.

I have learnt heaps from hanging aroundhere, and it's entertaining as well, a good distraction at times.

Well, I am here for several reasons. One to learn from other divers. The place is a wealth of information. Two, because I need a diving fix when I can't get wet and people would think I was wierd if I just stood around the scuba shop smelling the epuipment. And the biggest reason is becuase everyone here is crazy and I can't get this much entertainment anywhere else.

Jessica

i came here but a few days ago because i was doing a web search to find out if anyone knew of this very special dive spot (shore dive..i go almost every second day at 3:30, if your a Vancouver Island diver: you just need to show up at that time and you have a buddy)...and i wanted to get a idea of how well known this place is, actually i was looking for links within Canada/BC.....didn't find any....but scubaboard had posts with the search terms i used....so i came here and there really was nothing about the spot here.

But the discussions were interesting and there is a lot of common experiences.

You can read the newspaper about murder and taxes, or you can watch tv with some bint making eyes with the astronaut cowboy politician ex greenberet who has just set off huge explosion and rolled his car off the overpass...or you can come here and read something interesting about peoples everyday adventures and enjoyment with one of the most adventuring sport there could possibly be.

Why am I here? Because my father forgot to use a condom shortly after he and mom were married.

Oh you meant on SCUBA Board... I'm here for reasons #1 and #2 primarily, but also to meet beautiful and intelligent dive buddies and learn about international dive destinations I haven't tried yet. So far I'm doing much better on categories #1 and #2. Since I live on the water, #3 on your list is a non-issue.

Dr. Bill

Darn it Dr. Bill, you beat me to it. I had my explaination all ready for jep. I am worried about him. He should know about those details by now. LOL R

but I stay because of the entertainment as scubasean said.

After 30+ years of diving I had no idea there were communities (read cliques) of divers that were so adamently opposed to techniques other than what they were using. I have dived and taught recreational diving all over the world and never had a negative face to face encounter with another diver, but this board...wow!!

JessicaDodge once bubbled...
Well, I am here for several reasons. One to learn from other divers. The place is a wealth of information. Two, because I need a diving fix when I can't get wet and people would think I was wierd if I just stood around the scuba shop smelling the epuipment. And the biggest reason is becuase everyone here is crazy and I can't get this much entertainment anywhere else.

Jessica

My God! A woman who understands exactly how I feel about this board...

JessicaDodge once bubbled...
Two, because I need a diving fix when I can't get wet and people would think I was wierd if I just stood around the scuba shop smelling the epuipment.
Jessica

People think your wierd when you do that? Damn!

Back
Top Bottom