I want to dive the Duane.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Horizon Divers goes out there regularly. They may be even able to structure it so that it is part of your AOW. It is good to have a little more dive experience for this dive as well as this can go from an easy dive to advanced (strong currents) just during the course of the dive. This is a "Must Dive" wreck for the keys. When I was in the keys this past December, they had a Whale Shark on the wreck for the day.

I know how the currents can be on the surface. A lot of times we will set up drift while spearing. I need to look into getting the aow so I can get down there. On a clear day it looks like a picture from above. And looks massive. I can only imagine how massive it actually is up close.​

It isn't massive. Maybe you're thinking of the Spiegle Grove?

It isn't massive. Maybe you're thinking of the Spiegle Grove?

I will bow to your experience as I have nothing to gauge it by.

I will bow to your experience as I have nothing to gauge it by.

Video from my one dive on it...All head camera.. so a little unstable.

Last edited:
Great dive, sometimes with ripping current and sometimes with absolutely none. You can hire a guide from most shops. I usually use Conch Republic or Silent World. As already posted, Rainbow Reef includes guides with the price but you'll probably have a 4 to 1 ratio rather than a private guide dedicated just to you.

Great dive, sometimes with ripping current and sometimes with absolutely none. You can hire a guide from most shops. I usually use Conch Republic or Silent World. As already posted, Rainbow Reef includes guides with the price but you'll probably have a 4 to 1 ratio rather than a private guide dedicated just to you.

That was a nice video. Now I really want to go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom