I went diving in Kona for the first time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpurkiss

Reaction score
I had a blast!! I went with Steve from wanna dive kona aka friscuba on this board. My girlfriend and I had alot of fun. We saw lots of eels, 2 hawaiian lion fish and countless other fish.

This was our first time diving off of a boat and he made us feel very comfortable. His dive master made our dives all that much better. He has a great eye for finding things and was very knowledgable about the spots we were diving. They have a layed back attitude and didn't come across as arrogant or egotistical like other dive operators.

The second day of diving it was just the two of us and his crew and we still went out.

I would reccommend him and his crew to anyone that is looking to goto the kona area for diving.

Thanks Steve!
Josh and Kodi

Crips, I have 200 dives there and STILL haven't seen a lion fish. I dove Oahu today for the first time and it just sortta pales compaired to Kona.

The lion fish were very calm. We coxed them out of the coral they were in and we took pictures. I guess that the fish have been in the same spot for a couple of months. Really cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom