I wish my nitrox card was yellow and green

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certificates (and the wonderful little badges :wink:) usually come with the C- Card through the post

"We don't need no stinkin' badges"

Number of cards shown is usually inversely proportional to the quality of the diver.
Certificates are the same.

^ Fact!

From the PADI Enriched Air Diving manual (imperial) v 3.02 Rev 5/07:
Page 13: "... you'll learn to used enriched air with 22% to 40% oxygen."

See also the sidebar on page 16: "In the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, you'll dive with blends that contain up to 40% oxygen ...".
That also has some discussion of other blends for other purposes than "recreational"

I'm just quoting the manual, not representing PADI, or attempting to rationalize the limit.
But it seems they've laid the groundwork for a 40% limit on your Nitrox C card not being a surprise.

I dunno.. My manual is from 2009 and I cant find it stated anywhere. The oxygen exposure table, EAD table, and enriched air RDP study guide has a chapter on "using blends with 40-60% oxygen"

Number of cards shown is usually inversely proportional to the quality of the diver.
Certificates are the same.

With all due respect, are you saying that certifications are of no value? I am a relatively new diver. Should I not do cavern, rescue, or O2 certs? What's the alternative, diving without any training?

With all due respect, are you saying that certifications are of no value? I am a relatively new diver. Should I not do cavern, rescue, or O2 certs? What's the alternative, diving without any training?

Speaking only for myself, the ones you mentioned, especially cave, are worthwhile...and necessary. I am specifically refering to the " cert card collectors"...if you're too new to know the ones I'm refering to....you will.

I believe he's referring to the BS certs like "boat diver" "wreck diver" "diving on a school night diver" and so on.

I want that "200+ feet solo bouncy dive on a way to small tank with no back up" - card, this exercise seemes to have been very popular during the last decades, must be several agencies providing it.

I guess the front would have a picture of a skull and a cross with R.I.P on it...

"I want to see a nitrox card explode!"
I want a nitrox card that's split down the middle. Then I'll wear it on my forehead.

Reactions: RJP

Back
Top Bottom