I would like to Dive Kingston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaycanwk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, I have never been to Kingston before. Does anyone of you guys that dive Kingston regularly know of accomadations under $100/night close to shorediving, or the docks where the charters leave from??

JASON ~~~

At the Bayside, make sure you tell them your a diver when you book and check in. Divers get a discounted rate. Not fancy, but clean. There's a small fridge to keep drinks cold and a TV. Since I go to dive, it's mostly a bed and a shower I look for, don't need a pool, etc.

If you want a place outside of town try the Millhaven Inn. Rooms are $45 IIRC. A cottage is $135 and can easily accomodate 4 divers. Its about a 15 minute drive to Blue Woods marina.
I've stayed there 1 weekend a year for the past 4 or 5 years. It is a very nice spot for a non diving SO to hang out.

Other divers I know have stayed at the Alexander Henry. Its an old coast guard cutter that is a B&B. I have no idea if it is still open. It is downtown and close to nightlife.

Kingston is very small so anywhere you stay will be close to the docks.

Adrian

The only issue witht the Bayside is the trains. If you are the type that needs absolute quiete then go with the Millhaven or something. The good point about the Bayside is it is cheap and a 2 min walk from Tommies diver for good filling food and NTD where charters leave right from the back dock of the store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom