IAH - BON United Flight changes flights Red Eye out of Houston cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SayNo2Snow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to Leanne at Beachcombers and the folks on Bonaire Talk did I discover United changed our flights. Apparently this change takes effect Jan 1st but I suggest anyone travelling before then ck their flights just to make sure.

We are traveling in February and were originally scheduled on United #1402 departing IAH at 11:56 pm, arriving in BON at 6:35 a.m. United now has that flight departing at 1:00 pm, arriving BON at 7:40 pm. What pisses me off the most as United did not even contact us. It was only through the grapevine that we became aware of the flight change.

If you are flying United I strongly urge you to check your flights and contact United - speak directly with a representative to get the changes you want. Especially if you are flying into Houston to make this connection to Bonaire.

Initially United rescheduled us with only a 1 hour layover before the BON flight #1402 was scheduled to depart. We are coming from YEG (Edmonton, Alberta) and that is not enough time even with our Nexus cards at IAH. Never mind any delays due to weather, de-icing, etc.

We are now taking a red-eye into IAH with an 8 hour layover but better that than missing the flight and having a 24 hour layover in the Houston airport. On the up-side 12 extra hours in Bonaire.

I would be p!ssed off too about the airline not notifying you of the schedule change. Several months ago when we booked our Feb trip it was all doable in one day on Delta. Since then we were notified(at least Delta did send us an e mail)that the 9:30 flight to St. Louis was eliminated and we now have to overnight it in Atlanta on the return leg. It seems to get more and more difficult to Bonaire anymore.

Our flights through Newark were also changed which causes us to have an overnight in Newark and miss a dive day. We called united and got things changed around so we go through Houston on Friday instead, but it really irks me that I had to find out on a forum! Still waiting to see how our return flights will be changed.

Saynotosnow, assuming no delays due to weather or any other, why do believe one hour is not sufficient to change planes at Houston? I do it often, though not for Bonaire.

When I'm concerned about weather delays I overnight in Houston but only on trips that don't have daily flights to my chosen end destination (ie Roatan).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom