Iantd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyDog35

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello, my apologies in advance if I posted this in the wrong section. My job has me overseas for a year and the LDS uses IANTD, I am not familiar with this agency. If I continued my certifications with this agency, would I have any difficulties using them back in the States?

No you should not have any issues with IANTD, unless you move to GUE country.

Absolutely no issues with IANTD training here. Though you may find yourself having more knowledge than some of the people you end up diving with. But that's a good thing!

Thanks for you input, I feel better about investing the time and money now.

There is nothing wrong IANTD. I don't know any place that does not accept their certification.

IANTD has been around for over 25 years, and should be universally recognized / accepted.

No you should not have any issues with IANTD, unless you move to GUE country.
Even Mr. JJ was a IANTD cave instructor before. His picture was on the old IANTD Encyclopedia demonstrating Hogarthian configuration.

That does not mean they will embrace you with open arms, just saying.

That does not mean they will embrace you with open arms, just saying.

GUE will welcome you to their training but you will have to start out with Fundies, but then everyone does. They recognize that you have taken other tec courses but they do not accept them as meeting the prerequisites of their courses.

Hard not to learn something from Tom Mount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom