Iberostar proximity to Dive site planning concern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you could probably dive as far north as you wanted but you may have to take a cab back to Iberostar.
I think that's a safe comment for any dive operator. If you are willing to get yourself to/from the caleta then you can dive anywhere in the park. If you stay at the far southern resorts and want the convenience of pier pick-up/drop-off, then the boat you're on will be limited in site options.

I love all the Palancar and Columbia sites. If I was just doing one trip a year or only going to dive in Cozumel once, then those are fantastic choices. If you go more frequently, then over time you might want to have access to other sites and have more variety.

good reply and great info Nitrox 624. I didn't want to make too many comments about Dressel since I have not dove with them...but the "cattle boat" situation doesn't interest me when you can dive with other ops that have small boats and more individual attention.
Agree with your food comments..I think my minor problem has to do with all the extra fresh fruit I eat there. I usually end up taking an anti-diarrhea pill for a day or two . Seems my system isn't use to those proper foods I should always be putting into it ! I do watch the uncooked onions though.
I'm not sure where Dive with Martin goes north of San Miguel either since we always do the south dives, however, I do know they do Devil's throat and Big Sur area.. once they are comfortable with your dive skills/level. Some of the other ops do not go there anymore.
The taxi fee from Iberostar to International pier was $17.00 each way last visit.
One other comment I have about Dive with Martin is that all your equipment is provided in the cost of the dives and they set it up for you for each dive. This might make a difference to everyone in the future with the changes in the airline regulations for baggage costs. And if you check out the "share with Martin" part of their internet dive site, you can see where they will give you a free dive(one per person) for a full bag of "gently"used or new clothing or shoes for the kids. We take overstuffed bags down every trip to donate and get a free dive for 4 of us. It's a win-win situation for everyone.
Remember-you get a free video of one of your dives with Martin, too. The guys who film the videos do a great job. If it sounds like I'm promoting Dive with Martin, I guess I am. LOL

I'm not sure where Dive with Martin goes north of San Miguel either since we always do the south dives, however, I do know they do Devil's throat and Big Sur area.. once they are comfortable with your dive skills/level. Some of the other ops do not go there any more.

Punta Sur, I think you mean. Big Sur is in California just south of Monterey, and I doubt even Martin ranges that far afield. ;^)

There may be some ops that won't go there for various reasons, but what do you mean by "any more"?

yep-I sure did get it wrong when I said Big Sur..sorry I must have been trying to multi task. The reason I heard when someone on our dive boat talked about going to Devil's Throat was "some dive companies dont go there anymore". I didnt get specific reasons..sorry

The reason I heard when someone on our dive boat talked about going to Devil's Throat was "some dive companies dont go there anymore".

You probably heard this from another Joe Diver talking about things they haven't a clue about....then it gets repeated by more people that don't really know the facts...and pretty soon, "no one goes there anymore"...pretty common actually...this is just another fine example.

I stayed there in May and thought the resort was great! My room was nice and the food was fine. The Mexican food was actually quite good (suprise suprise!).

I didn't dive with Dressell divers. I spoke with some people who did and were happy with them, but they were pretty jealous after I told them about our dives (with just one other couple in our boat). Aside from the big groups, the only negative I've heard is that they set a pretty strict schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom