Ice diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been in the dry suit a couple of times. Really does make a difference in cooler water. Pretty straight forward and easy to use. I'm hoping to get in the water next weekend with it. May try going to Laurel Lake this time.

When you all decide to set up a ice dive trip count me in. Here in Indy would not be the place but we will have to see about gilboa. I know we can always head up to Battle Creek Mi, they have more then enough ice almost every year.

Jeff

wrecNcaver once bubbled...

By the way, we have several inches of snow on the ground left over from yesterday's snow fall. If you are coming up to Gilboa this weekend, bring your snow boots!

The real danger at Gilboa this past weekend wasn't the snow on the ground, but the ice falling out of the trees... took a few hits to the ol' noggin' and a couple of extra dents to the Jeep... darn those icicles....

Yes Gilboa does freeze over but was told that last year it only had ice for 6 days. walking out the door now to head there.
Rumor has it they dont get ice until late January early February.

Troy

Hello all

I just figured I would give this post a bump and get it back up into the limelight. "IT WON'T BE LONG!!!:cold:

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Blue Springs Has been cut and is ready for more Ice diving..

Scott=-)

My schedule is going to be crazzy for the next few wekks (we're moving) but Blue Springs isn't and I might get talked into an ice dive or two.

You say you want to go but you dont want to go this weekend. Why is that.. Let me know when you want to go.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

I'm tied up the next couple of weeks moving my shop to a new building. Lets get a list of divers then pick a location and a date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom