Ice training!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg D.

Contributor
Reaction score
Today we are gonna get wet! Ice training, above AND below!! I cant wait, I am taking my digital and NEW underwater housing so hopfully I get some pics to show off!!
Have a great day all, I know I will :D

Greg D.:
Today we are gonna get wet! Ice training, above AND below!! I cant wait, I am taking my digital and NEW underwater housing so hopfully I get some pics to show off!!
Have a great day all, I know I will :D
GO CHILL OUT! :D

Have fun. We are almost out of ice.

By the way, we are training Wed and Thurs. Day play stuff on Wed and night stuff on Thurs. Come on over and play.

Gary D.

Man guys, you are making me so jealous. I want to learn to ice dive so bad. We don't have alot of ice situations here, but we do dive alot in near freezing water. If ya train for the worse case scenario and have to jump in 38 degree water, your good to go.

Looking forward to the pics.

Lack of significant ice sacked our class for this year it looks like. Oh well next year I hope. I hope you had a great time, it seems like it will be a neat experieince.

Pete

SheriffMedic:
Man guys, you are making me so jealous. I want to learn to ice dive so bad. We don't have alot of ice situations here, but we do dive alot in near freezing water. If ya train for the worse case scenario and have to jump in 38 degree water, your good to go.

Looking forward to the pics.
You know you can practice phase one of ice training at home and it’s simple.

Go into the freezer compartment of the refrigerator and remove the ice cube tray.

Place some of the cubes into a 16oz glass.

Pour Cruzan Rum into glass to one-third the available volume.

Fill remaining volume with a Cola product.

Take glass and it’s contents to an easy chair and sit down.

Recline the chair.

Sip contents.

Place glass on head and dream about being under ice.

Repeat as needed.

:D :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
You know you can practice phase one of ice training at home and it’s simple.

Go into the freezer compartment of the refrigerator and remove the ice cube tray.

Place some of the cubes into a 16oz glass.

Pour Cruzan Rum into glass to one-third the available volume.

Fill remaining volume with a Cola product.

Take glass and it’s contents to an easy chair and sit down.

Recline the chair.

Sip contents.

Place glass on head and dream about being under ice.

Repeat as needed.

:D :D

Gary D.

ha classic! I'll try it this weekend.

What a great day, started out left the house at 0630 and we finally made it up North to the lake about 0900 (joint training with okanogan county) took all of thee hours to get throught the Ice that was supposed to be 6" thick, turned out to be more like 24-25 inches thick :O

finally got a diver in the water round 1200 backup with feet in water tethered with his ow tender and 90% close by. about 23 feet to the bottom 38 degree water temp and one he** of a good time!

Topside temp was pushin 50 no wind and lots of sun, and with all that gear on it was downright HOT, the icy hole in the water never looked so good :D

Made two dives and took some pics before and during. was the first time down for me and my camera so rookie shots all around but I think I gat a few good un's Check my gallery for the whole lot!

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/25920/cat/500

Greg D.:
What a great day, started out left the house at 0630 and we finally made it up North to the lake about 0900 (joint training with okanogan county) took all of thee hours to get throught the Ice that was supposed to be 6" thick, turned out to be more like 24-25 inches thick :O

finally got a diver in the water round 1200 backup with feet in water tethered with his ow tender and 90% close by. about 23 feet to the bottom 38 degree water temp and one he** of a good time!

Topside temp was pushin 50 no wind and lots of sun, and with all that gear on it was downright HOT, the icy hole in the water never looked so good :D

Made two dives and took some pics before and during. was the first time down for me and my camera so rookie shots all around but I think I gat a few good un's Check my gallery for the whole lot!

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/25920/cat/500
Twenty-Four inches? Who measured it? hehehe

It usually goes the other way. Glad you had fun. Our ice is about history.

Nice pics. Glad to see your small lake vis is just like ours. :D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom