icon net ready - button failed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After my last dive I noticed I can't select the DESAT mode using the leftmost button.

On closer inspection it seems that the first button "stays pressed" i.e. it doesn't spring back up those 2 mm.

It seems that the spring under the button is either stuck or broken. I can jiggle the button left-right a bit, and that does the trick, but this can be done only with dry hands and only while grabbing the button from the sides with the fingernails. Not something that can be done underwater with gloves on.

I'll be sending it for repair. Has this happened to anyone else?

Z

After my last dive I noticed I can't select the DESAT mode using the leftmost button.

On closer inspection it seems that the first button "stays pressed" i.e. it doesn't spring back up those 2 mm.

It seems that the spring under the button is either stuck or broken. I can jiggle the button left-right a bit, and that does the trick, but this can be done only with dry hands and only while grabbing the button from the sides with the fingernails. Not something that can be done underwater with gloves on.

I'll be sending it for repair. Has this happened to anyone else?

Z

Nope.. I have not had that happen.. I would try soaking in fresh water. Maybe salt buildup. I hesitate to say it but WD40 could help or screw it up. Send in for repair seem to make the most sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom