ID help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CFDAlden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been offerd this, hoping to get an ID on it, if possible. It's not the greatest pic, sorry...

scuba.jpg

It's upside down. I can't read the label. Hang on. I think it says DACOR Diving Lung Double Diaphragm 2 Stage Regulator.

It appears to be a Dacor surrounded by a school of plastic fish. :) They are hard to find parts for and to my knowledge no one is making repo parts. If you are looking for a DH to dive, pass on it (or if you can get it for $20-sell it on ebay) and look for a US diver reg. Parts for them are easy to come by.

Ditto to Herman's post. Dacor DHs were total work horses in all respects. They were very indistructable but not great breathers. The hoses are probably fine as they go beyond heavy-duty. Most likely the diaphrams (a couple of models had double diaphrams) are crispy and useless. If the price is right aka free or cheap, the regs make great display items. Too many USDs and Voits out there to overhaul and dive.

Plastic fish and a double hose Dacor regulator.

N

Parsley or Mint and everything in between. Mine has a few scratches easily fixed, what for, looks like a reg. Internally excellent, RUBBER MINT, thats two diaphrams and a couple of other bits. VDH has one of those bits brand new. I'll get hoses one day, these have memory and are a bit to tough and restrictive for me. I have more distance to cover than some plus I've been spoilt by my duomat since 76. Mouthpiece ass is excellent original but the rubber tastes like rubber. Breathing can be modified and with twin tank outlets, valve spg and a J you can take it to 20,000 leagues without having to bolt a space shuttle to it. Those flight shuttles are a basic engineering masterpiece. Cheers to the machinists and finishers. The shiny curvy anatomical backplate thingo is a sight to behold. The biased schitsen samba elephant walk train of thought make folks look like the prof from spidey 2. Parsley. A reg is a reg. What you do with it, is original. Looks and ducks.

Last edited:
Guy was asking $75, and I was looking to possibly turn a quick buck. By the sounds of it, it's not happening. Thanks to all! :)

Back
Top Bottom