Question ID these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Floyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can someone help me with ID on these?

Attachments

• ED0F5E21-AE60-4515-91E5-C1818BF5AAD7.jpeg
    ED0F5E21-AE60-4515-91E5-C1818BF5AAD7.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 93
Want to post images of rest of the neck? Diameter?

What do you want to know?

It is a steel 3AA LP cylinder 2400 psi made by PST in June (6) 1996. It has a plus rating so it is full at 2640 psi. About all I can not tell is the capacity. Need to have some measurements of the cylinder.

LP80

What do you want to know?

It is a steel 3AA LP cylinder 2400 psi made by PST in June (6) 1996. It has a plus rating so it is full at 2640 psi. About all I can not tell is the capacity. Need to have some measurements of the cylinder.
It had a plus rating but current hydro (5/20) doesn't have a + so now iit's 2400 psi max.

If the REE is stamped on the cylinder, it should be a simple matter of asking the re-tester why it did not get the + stamp. They should have kept the data so having the stamp applied might easy.

The REE might also be found on the attached document.

Attachments

• PST REE values.pdf
    452.6 KB · Views: 81
If the REE is stamped on the cylinder, it should be a simple matter of asking the re-tester why it did not get the + stamp. They should have kept the data so having the stamp applied might easy.

The REE might also be found on the attached document.
I love when people present a poor scan of a 52 year old document to me so they can get a plus rating on an old tank. Especially when it is a steel 72, and that line has a misprint on the pressure rating.

It had a plus rating but current hydro (5/20) doesn't have a + so now it's 2400 psi max.
Correct but that does not change the fact that it is "full" at 2640 psi.

I love when people present a poor scan of a 52 year old document to me so they can get a plus rating on an old tank. Especially when it is a steel 72, and that line has a misprint on the pressure rating.
A few years back I took that document to a hydro tester. They were happy to have it and used it immediately to plus rate some cylinders.

It's full when it is filled to working pressure; which in this case is 2400 psi. The nominal capacity is at the 10 percent overfill pressure but that's just marketing.

A few years back I took that document to a hydro tester. They were happy to have it and used it immediately to plus rate some cylinders.
They can do whatever they want. Risking their RIN to apply an arbitrary stamp to an old scuba tank based on a misprinted scan seems a bit foolish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom